The Salinas/Watsonville season is winding down quickly. Supplies from Santa Maria, California’s fall crop are limited, but will increase weekly.
- Markon First Crop Strawberries are available
- There is currently a two-tiered market in California as two separate growing areas are in production
- Santa Maria
- Salinas/Watsonville volume and quality are diminishing quickly, pushing demand for higher-quality fruit to Santa Maria
- New crop Santa Maria berries are commanding a higher prices than the current crop of Salinas/Watsonville berries
- Expect markets to remain steady to slightly higher for the next two to three weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.