Supplies are decreasing in the regions of Central Mexico and Florida as these seasons wind down. Oxnard production is ramping up.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Sunny, rain-free weather is forecast for the week of March 7
- Quality is excellent: some scarring is being reported due to the strong Santa Ana winds
- Volume will continue to increase over the next 10-14 days
- Berry size is medium (14-18 per 1-pound clamshell)
Santa Maria, California
- MFC Strawberries are available
- Forecasts calls for cooler temperatures the week of March 7
- Expect volume to fall next week as colder weather will inhibit growth
- Fruit is large (14-18 per 1-pound clamshell)
- Quality is good: green shoulders are being seen occasionally
Central Mexico (Loading in South Texas)
- Supplies are declining Central Mexico; the season will wrap up in the next two to three weeks
- Pack counts range from 17 to 21 berries
- Quality is fair: green shoulders are being seen occasionally
- Production is slowing down; the season will wind down over the next two to three weeks
- Quality is good: expect occasional overripening due to high overnight temperatures
- Pack counts range from 16-20 berries
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.