Prices are easing in all regions; supplies have increased due to weak demand.
- Sunny, rain-free weather is forecast for the next 10 days; cooler morning temperatures have slowed growth slightly
- Quality is excellent: some scarring is being reported due to the stron Santa Ana winds
- Berry size is medium (16-18 per 1-pound clamshell)
Santa Maria, California
- Forecasts call for freezing overnight temperatures the week of February 21
- Expect volume to drop next week as colder weather will inhibit growth
- Fruit is large (12-14 per 1-pound clamshell)
- Quality is good
Central Mexico (Loading in South Texas)
- Production is steady; volume will continue increasing through February
- Pack counts range from 17 to 21 berries
- Quality is good: green shoulders are being seen occasionally
- Warm weather has increased production
- The season will reach its peak next week
- Quality is good with occasional overripening due to higher temperatures
- Pack counts range from 14-18 berries
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.