Low Florida temperatures are shifting strawberry demand to the west. Prices are rising in all regions as Valentine’s Day demand ramps up.
- No rain is the 10 day forecast; cooler mornings have slowed growth slightly
- Production continues to ramp up
- Berry size is large (12-14 per 1-pound clamshell)
- Quality is excellent
Santa Maria, California
- Weather forecasts call for mild and dry conditions through Febuary 9
- Early season production continues to increase weekly
- Fruit is large (10-12 per 1-pound clamshell)
- Quality is very good
Central Mexico (Loading in South Texas)
- Production is steady; volume will continue increasing into February
- Pack counts range from 17 to 21 berries
- Quality is good
- Cold weather has slowed production
- Quality is holding up well despite recent freeze events
- Pack counts range from 16-19 berries
- Light rain is forecast for Thursday, Febuary 3
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.