Zucchini and yellow squash markets are higher due to recent severe weather.
- The East Coast supplies are limited this week due to recent Tropical Storms Fred and Henri
- Heavy rain and wind has affected production and quality
- Yellow squash supplies are tighter; prices are elevated
- California production in Santa Maria and the Central Valley is consistent
- Demand has increased prices
- Overall quality is good
- Recent heatwaves on Mexico’s Baja Peninsula affected quality; additional grading is required
- Expect overall inventory to increase over the next three to four weeks as new growing regions in North Carolina and mainland Mexico start up
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.