Prices are rising. Supplies have tightened in Florida and Mexico; yellow squash is extremely limited. Markon First Crop Zucchini is available; yellow squash may be substituted in packer label.
- Mexican volume is struggling as growers in the state Sinaloa transition away from older fields
- Plant disease is a concern
- Yellow squash is especially tight
- Quality ranges from fair to good
- Harvesting will start in Sonora over the next two weeks
- Volume is lower than normal in the Immokalee and Homestead, Florida regions
- Zucchini quality is good; yellow squash quality is fluctuating
- New spring crops are anticipated to start in South Florida over the next 7-10 days
- Expect elevated prices over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.