The Florida and Mexican fall squash seasons are fully underway; supplies are consistent. Markon First Crop (MFC) Zucchini and Yellow Squash are available.
- Mexico’s northern region of Sonora is providing steady supplies, but volume has passed its peak
- Quality is very good
- New crop harvesting is expected to start in Sinaloa over the next one to two weeks with full production anticipated by mid-December
- Georgia supplies are tightening due to cold weather; however, Florida new crop production is well underway
- Overall quality is good
- Occasional scarring and scuff marks have been reported
- Yellow squash markets are higher this week due to strong Thanksgiving pull; zucchini prices are steady
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.