The California squash season is expected to finish up this weekend due to cold weather and rain; A smooth transition to Mexican squash is anticipated.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Zucchini and Yellow Squash will be available starting October 25
- Production is ending earlier than previously expected in Santa Maria, California due to cool fall weather; supplies are limited and heavy rain is expected this weekend
- Mexican stocks are increasing in the Sonora region
- Quality is excellent; long travel is a non-issue
- Product is available crossing through Nogales or loading in Los Angeles
- East Coast supplies (out of Georgia and North Carolina) are down slightly due to cooler evenings, but overall quality is good; some minor rain-related soft spots have been observed
- Expect markets to remain steady over the next two to three weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.