Cooler weather along the West Coast is slowing down production. Yellow squash has demand-exceeds-supply markets.
- The Santa Maria, California growing region has limited yields due to cool temperatures (mid-60s) and previous rain; yellow squash is snug
- The Baja Peninsula has new production this week
- Georgia harvests are past peak season, yields are lighter
- The East Coast will start to regionalize for the summer months over the next few weeks
- New growing regions will pop up in North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, and New Jersey
- Yellow squash prices are much higher, zucchini will remain steady
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.