Although squash markets are currently stable, prices are expected to rise in mid-May due to transition delays in the west. Markon First Crop (MFC) Zucchini and Yellow Squash are available.
- Production will taper off in Northern Mexico in mid-May; scarring is being caused by strong winds
- California’s Santa Maria season will be delayed by two weeks due to past weather conditions; expect a June 1 start date
- Florida production is adequate in Plant City
- Georgia growers have begun limited harvests
- Yields will increase over the next two weeks
- Zucchini and yellow squash quality is excellent
- Expect steady pricing over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.