Spring squash harvesting will transition to new crop growing regions during the month of March. Yellow squash markets are climbing due to extremely limited supplies.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Zucchini is available; MFC Yellow Squash is sporadic
- Mexican zucchini volume will fall over the next week as growers begin transitioning from Sinaloa to Sonora; yellow squash is snug due to past cold weather
- Florida squash will transition from South Florida to Plant City over the next two weeks, increasing overall availability
- Zucchini quality has improved
- Yellow squash quality is average
- Expect elevated yellow squash prices to persist over the next two weeks while zucchini markets will increase slightly
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.