Mexican zucchini is abundant; markets are low. Yellow squash prices are higher. Markon First Crop (MFC) Zucchini and Yellow Squash are available.
- Growers in Western Mexico are shipping ample zucchini stocks; however, yellow squash volume is low due to last week’s inclement weather
- Expect most growers to transition from Sinaloa to Sonora during the first week of March
- Florida squash supplies are adequate despite the fact that winter crops are past peak production; spring production is expected to start in Plant City in three to four weeks
- Zucchini quality is good
- Scarring and scuffing issues are being observed in yellow squash
- This week’s favorable weather will keep markets stable
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.