Zucchini and yellow squash supplies are increasing on the East Coast. The main Mexican season (into Nogales) should begin later this month.
- East Coast volume is at its peak in Georgia and North Carolina
- Quality is very good
- All grades are available
- California production is expected to run in Santa Maria until the end of October
- Cooler evening weather is slowing growth
- Overall quality is good
- Supplies in the Mexican mainland (crossing through Nogales) will gradually pick up over the next two to three weeks
- Quality is good
- Hurricane Pamela is headed towards Mexico’s West Coast and has the potential to disrupt supplies/affect quality further into the fall season
- Expect lower markets over the next one to two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.