East Coast squash demand will shift to Mexico this week as cooler temperatures in Georgia slow production. New crop Mexican squash quality is excellent.
- Markon First Crop Zucchini and Yellow Squash are available
- East Coast squash is being primarily harvested in Georgia; supplies are tightening as evening temperatures drop into the mid-30s
- Growers are watching crops as frost advisories are expected early morning, Thursday, October 20
- Quality is average due to past weather
- Northern Florida squash harvests have begun in a light way
- Production out of Santa Maria, California is quickly winding down over the next ten days
- Western Mexico supplies (crossing through Nogales, Arizona) are increasing
- Markets are lower to entice buyers
- All grades are available
- Quality is excellent (see attached photos)
- Expect higher prices as demand shifts towards Mexico this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.