Squash supplies on the East Coast are reduced due to recent weather. Markets are up slightly.
- East Coast volume and yields (out of Michigan, Ohio, New Jersey, and New York) are limited this week due to past rain/hot weather
- Zucchini quality is good with some minor scuffing visible; yellow squash quality is average
- Rain and cooler temperatures this week will limit supply in the Great Lakes region
- North Carolina will start new fields at the end of August
- California has steady volume out of Santa Maria and will ramp up over the next week as they work new fields; quality is very good
- The Baja Peninsula has limited supply as some growers have finished until mid-September
- Expect markets to increase slightly over the next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.