Squash prices are climbing due to diminishing supplies and quality. Recent hot weather and rain have been factors on the East Coast.
- East Coast volume is tightening
- Recent weather has accelerated crop transitions
- Quality in the Carolinas is average; yellow squash stocks are experiencing discoloration issues
- Supplies are expected to increase in New Jersey and Virginia over the Fourth of July weekend
- Additional harvesting has started in Kentucky and Michigan (along with other smaller regional deals)
- The West Coast has steady volume from the Baja Peninsula, Santa Maria, and the San Joaquin Valley; however, increased demand has pushed up prices
- Expect markets to ease over the next two weeks as production begins in new growing regions
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.