Squash supplies are being affected by inclement weather this week as new crops come online on both coasts.
- The Mexican spring season is quickly winding down
- Average quality is reported during grading
- Scuffing and mechanical damage are the main issues
- California production is underway in the San Joaquin Valley and Santa Maria
- Cool temperatures (65˚F) in Santa Maria are slowing plant growth/reducing yields
- Quality is good
- East Coast growers are harvesting in both Florida and Georgia
- Overall quality is good, but there have been some reports of scuffing/discoloration concerns in yellow squash
- Rain showers will delay harvest today in Georgia
- Expect slightly higher markets over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.