Squash markets are low with many regions in play during the month of May. Markon First Crop Zucchini and Yellow Squash are available.
- The seasonal decline is expected to start in Mainland Mexico by mid-May
- Production will shift to the Baja peninsula by the end of the month
- Quality is good with some reports of scarring and scuffing
- The California season will start in Santa Maria on May 15; Fresno production will begin in early June
- The East Coast is harvesting sufficient supplies
- Both the Florida and Georgia spring seasons are underway
- Quality is very good for both zucchini and yellow squash
- Expect steady prices
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.