Summer red and yellow potato volume is beginning to ramp up in Arizona, California, and Texas. Northwest and Midwest storage potatoes will be harvested over the next few weeks.
- Red and yellow potatoes are being shipped
- Quality is excellent; No. 2s are extremely limited
- Red and yellow supplies are sufficient; quality is strong in both varieties
- Prices are elevated
- Remaining Idaho storage stocks are limited
- New crop Idaho potatoes will become available the first week of August
- No supply gap is expected
- The Michigan season will get underway in early August
- Minnesota potatoes will begin to ship the first week of August
- North Dakota stock will hit the market in late September
- Texas-grown supplies are now on the market
- Similar to Arizona, new crop quality is very good, yielding few No. 2s
- Limited quantities of Washington potatoes are now available; supplies will begin to ramp up next week
- New crop harvesting will begin August 1
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.