Storage crop Markon First Crop (MFC) Red and Yellow Potato supplies continue to diminish. Markets have increased.
- Many suppliers have depleted Idaho storage stocks and are hauling potatoes from other regions to continue shipping out of Idaho
- MFC Red and Yellow Idaho Colored Potatoes will ship through July; volume is winding down
- New crop Idaho potatoes will become available the first week of August
- North Dakota MFC Potato supplies will be depleted this week; poor quality in remaining stocks has forced growers to end the season early
- Minnesota potatoes will begin to ship the first week of August
- North Dakota potatoes will hit the market in late September
- Florida colored potato stocks are winding down (with approximately two weeks remaining in the season)
- California red and yellow potato harvesting has begun; supplies will ship through early August
- Early yields are thin-skinned, resulting in mechanical damage in pack-outs
- Red and yellow potatoes will begin to ship in early July
- Similar to Arizona, the Texas season will get underway during the first part of July
- The Washington new crop season is expected to get start in September
- New crop harvesting of Wisconsin Potatoes will begin in early August
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.