Iceberg and romaine supplies continue to be extremely limited.
- Erratic weather patterns of extreme heat followed by rain have compounded quality issues
- Bottom rot, fringe burn, mildew pressure, seeder, and sun scald are present in current lots
- Fluctuating densities and light weights are prevalent industry wide
- Impatiens Necrotic Spot Virus (INSV) and Sclerotinia disease pressure has forced suppliers to cut ahead of their scheduled harvests to minimize crop loss
- Expect elevated markets until transitions to Yuma, Arizona and California’s Imperial desert are completed in mid-November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.