Celery markets are rising due to increased demand and reduced industry supplies.
- The Michigan season has ended, shifting demand to California
- Oxnard production is underway; disease (fusarium) pressure in initial lots is reducing harvestable yields
- The Salinas season has almost finished, most suppliers are cleaning up their final lots
- Santa Maria production will continue year-round
- Arizona and California desert production will start mid- to late December
- Expect elevated markets and strong demand through the holiday season
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.