California storage supplies from the 2021 harvest have been depleted. New crop supplies will begin shipping next week. Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Peeled Garlic from California is extremely limited; packer label peeled garlic from Mexico is being substituted as needed.
- California growers have depleted their 2021 storage supplies
- Most processors of peeled garlic will be utilizing Mexican raw product over the next two weeks to help bridge the gap
- Pungency and oil content is lower than California garlic but better than Chinese garlic
- Some lots are showing brown spots and translucency issues; overall quality is average
- New crop harvesting in CA is underway; supplies will begin shipping July 25
- Freshly harvested garlic needs a few weeks to dry out before peeling can take place
- New crop supplies have a strong odor, slightly more bruising, and slightly more moisture than storage crop
- Stocks of RSS Peeled Garlic will increase significantly the week of July 25 with full shipments resuming the week of Aug 1
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.