Potato supply challenges persist in the Northwest. Demand outpaces harvest yields and pack-outs. Expect highly elevated markets and tight supplies to persist for the next several weeks.
- Current new crop harvests in the Northwest are dominated by small-size potatoes (80- thru 120-count supplies)
- The ample amount of small-size potatoes currently being harvested are filling production facilities, causing space issues in warehouses and limiting many supplier’s ability to continue to produce
- Supply will also be affected by the upcoming Labor Day weekend
- Suppliers will not produce Saturday, Sunday, or Monday (Labor Day)
- Next week’s loading will start off slow
- U.S. No. 2 supplies will remain tight
- The majority of fresh-run Norkotahs are being packed in U.S. No. 1 cartons, as supplies look their best straight out of the field
- Expect elevated prices for U.S. No. 2 packs
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.