2021 crop yields are reported down by 15-20% in the Pacific Northwest (Idaho, Oregon and Washington). Supplies will remain limited through the rest of the season (July 2022). Growers will be scaling back production schedules to extend availability until the next crop is harvested.
- Record heat in June and July have resulted in significant yield reductions
- Lower volume has affected both the fresh and processed (frozen/dehydrated) markets
- Processors have begun purchasing fields slated for the fresh market
- Shorter ship and run times are expected
- Prices for all packs will continue at a steady increase through July of 2022
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.