Remaining storage supplies are extremely limited in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. Washington supplies are expected to be depleted in the next five to seven days. Prices will continue to climb.
Storage Crop Washington
- Washington supplies are expected to be depleted in the next five to seven days
Storage Crop Idaho
- 40- to 80-count stocks are extremely limited
- 90- through 120-count supplies are tightening
- Markon First Crop Potato suppliers have implemented a six-week average for shipping that will persist through mid-August
- Size substitutions may be required for order fulfillment
- Remaining supply exceeds demand in other regions such as Colorado, Texas, and Wisconsin
New Crop Norkotahs
- New crop production will begin in Washington the first week of August
- Idaho new crop harvesting will start in a limited manner the week of August 8; the bulk of production will get underway the week of August 22
- Growers anticipate early season yields to be dominated by 70- to 90-count potatoes
- The size profile is not expected to increase until late August
- Expect elevated markets to persist until early September
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.