Fresh-run, new crop Markon First Crop (MFC) Norkotah Potatoes are currently be shipped out of Idaho and Washington. Expect the market to continue easing for the next few weeks.
- New crop harvesting is expected to be completed in late October
- Large-size Idaho Norkotah supplies (40-through 50-count potatoes) are plentiful; small-size potatoes (80-through 100-count supplies) have tightened
- Norkotah quality remains great; skinning and excess moisture may be observed in fresh-run potatoes
- New crop potatoes have not gone through the sweat process yet
- Potatoes may release moisture as they cool, causing very light, white surface residue that can be easily be brushed off
- The white residue may be present and will dissipate as potatoes dry and does not pose any quality problems
- MFC Norkotahs will begin to ship out of storage in mid-October
- New crop Burbank harvesting will begin in late September; packer label cartons will be available to ship
- MFC Burbank Potatoes will be available once the sweat process is completed (approximately late October/early November)
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.