Markon First Crop (MFC) Idaho and Washington Potatoes are available.
- MFC Burbank Potatoes are beginning to wind down; supplies will run through mid- to late August
- Expect the market to soften with the start of the new crop season approaching
- 40- through 50-count supplies are limited
- 90– through 120-count potatoes are readily available
- Quality is good; air checks and pressure/shoulder bruising will be seen sporadically in remaining storage supplies
- Air checks are tiny thumbnail-like cracks caused by stress due to abrupt temperature changes
- Pressure and shoulder bruising (soft/external indents) result from constant contact with adjacent potatoes, or the floor, while raw product sits in storage piles
- Norkotah harvesting will begin in the western part of the state early next week
- Harvests in the southern and eastern areas of Idaho will start mid- to late August
- New crop Burbanks will enter the market early October
- Norkotah production has begun
- Quality is excellent; pack outs favor 90-through 120 count potatoes
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.