The market continues to strengthen; expect elevated prices to persist over the next several weeks.
- Active demand from potato processors is affecting markets
- Strong retail demand for Thanksgiving holiday persists
- Growers estimate 7-11% fewer acres were planted in most regions this year due to water restrictions and high input costs
- Most growers harvested two weeks later than normal due to a cold, wet spring, further delaying the growing cycle at the start of the plant development
- Growers have gained control of supply levels and are holding back raw product to push prices upward and extend supply
- Burbank stocks are extremely limited; most suppliers have postponed Burbank production until early January to extend supply throughout the season
- Expect tight supplies on all counts and sizes
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.