Skip to main content


July 13, 2023

Pineapple supplies remain scarce in Costa Rica, Mexico, and South America. Historically, pineapples become limited from mid-June through August. Large sizes (five- and six-count fruit) are extremely scarce while smaller sizing is also tightening. Markets continue to rise; coverage will be sporadic with pro rates and size substitutions expected over the next six weeks.

  • Costa Rica is producing 95% of current pineapple volume; Ecuador and Mexico makeup the remaining 5%
  • A seasonal decline in overall supply is typically expected from mid-June through August; small sizes typically dominate the market
  • This season, with the adverse weather conditions experienced, supply shortages are more extreme than years past
  • All sizes are limited
  • Quality is good with occasional lots showing decay, softness, mold, and overripeness
  • Expect heavy pro rates and size substitutions through August

Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.

©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.