Costa Rican and Mexican pineapple supplies remain scarce. Volume will remain limited through the Mother’s Day holiday pull, especially larger size (five-through seven-count).
- Supplies from the West Coast and Texas will remain limited into May
- East Coast volume will remain low through late April
- Multiple cold fronts triggered plants to flower early, causing shortages and smaller size distribution
- Limited production of large size fruit; eight-count pineapples are mainly available
- Expect demand to increase in late April/early May in preparation for Mother’s Day holiday
- Expect increased pricing until volume increases early-to-mid May
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.