Washington D’Anjou Pear supplies will be depleted by the end of next week. California pear growers will start shipping new crop Bartletts by the middle of next week.
- Remaining stocks are dominated by large size pears (90- and 100- count sizes)
- 110-count and smaller pears are limited
- Growers pack and sell by the count as opposed to the volume-fill method used in Washington
- California suppliers ship 40-pound packs; Washington growers use 44-pound cartons
- Due to this pack difference, California ships approximately 6 to 10 fewer pieces of fruit per unit compared to Washington
- The attached photos show Washington and California pear packs
2023-2024 Washington New Crop
- The Bartlett season is forecast to begin in mid-August
- D’Anjou production will start in early September
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.