Washington D’Anjou Pear supplies are beginning to wind down. New crop California Bartlett pears will start shipping in late July.
- Supplies are expected to be depleted by early July
- Cold, rainy, and snowy weather last spring hampered pear development at the start of the growth process
- Quality is excellent
- Stocks are dominated by large size pears (70- and 100- count sizes); 110-count and smaller pears are limited
- Expect prices to gradually increase until supplies are depleted
- California pear shipments are expected to start the week of July 24
- Growers experienced a late bloom due to cold weather and heavy rains this past winter and early spring
- Post-bloom weather has been ideal which will make for excellent yields and quality
2023-2024 Washington New Crop
- The Bartlett season is forecast to begin in mid-August
- D’Anjou production will start in early September
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.