Markon First Crop Pears are readily available. Washington and Oregon D’Anjou pears will be available through August. Washington Bartlett supplies will be depleted by the end of January.
- D’Anjou pear quality is excellent
- U.S. No. 1 grade supplies are ample; fewer fancy grade apples are on the market
- Size is dominated by 80- through 100-count fruit; small sizes (120- and 135-count pears) are adequate
- Bartlett pear quality is beginning to decline in remaining stocks
- Cold, rainy, and snowy weather this past spring affected the fruit during the early growth process
- Soft fruit with dark spots are being seen in pack outs
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.