The Markon First Crop Washington D’Anjou Pear season is winding down. New crop California Bartlett pears are on the market.
- Storage supplies will be depleted by the end of July
- Remaining stocks consist of small sizes (120- to 135-count fruit)
- Early yields favor small sizes (120- to 135-count fruit); size will increase over the next few weeks
- California pears will be available through October
- Growers pack and sell by the count as opposed to the volume-fill method used in Washington
- California suppliers ship 40-pound packs; Washington growers use 44-pound cartons
- Due to this pack difference, California ships approximately 6 to 10 fewer pieces of fruit per unit compared to Washington
- The attached photos show Washington and California pear packs
2022-2023 Washington New Crop
- The Bartlett season will begin in mid-August
- D’Anjou production will start in early September
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.