Markon First Crop Washington D’Anjou Pears will be available through late July. New crop California Bartlett pears will begin shipping the week of July 11.
- Storage supply quality is excellent
- Remaining stocks are dominated by large size pears, 90- and 100- count sizes
- 110-count and smaller pears are limited
- Growers pack and sell by the count as opposed to the volume-fill method used in Washington
- California suppliers ship 40-pound packs; Washington growers use 44-pound cartons
- Due to this pack difference, California ships approximately 6 to 10 fewer pieces of fruit per unit compared to Washington
- The attached photos show Washington and California pear packs
2022-2023 Washington New Crop
- The Bartlett season is forecast to begin in mid-August
- D’Anjou production will start in early September
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.