Supplies of organic tender leaf items are extremely limited. Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) availability is limited; packer label and conventional product will be substituted as needed to fill orders.
- Cooler temperatures in the desert region slowed plant maturity and reduced yields; suppliers were forced to cut ahead of schedule, reducing availability at the end of the season
- Recent heat spike will lead to bolting and yellowing of leaves
- Expect extremely tight supplies and elevated prices for the next two weeks as a few growers have experienced complete crop failure
- Packer label and conventional product is being substituted when needed
- Expect tight supplies and high prices for the next two weeks
- Larger size spinach, such as clipped/stemless/teen varieties, sizing has drastically reduced
- Packer label, conventional, and baby spinach may be substituted as needed
Organic Spring Mix
- Expect tight supplies and elevated markets for the next two weeks
- Most suppliers are holding to averages; packer label, conventional supplies, and different varieties are being substituted as needed
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.