California Valencia orange supplies are tightening further as a result of the current heatwave.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Valencia Oranges are available
- Valencia quality concerns include re-greening and softness due to above-normal temperatures
- Soft fruit can result in pressure compression/misshapen fruit and stem-end aging spots
- Extreme heat is causing Valencia supplies to re-absorb chlorophyll, resulting in a green tint on rinds
- Supplies of smaller size (113- and 138-count packs) are expected to continue to tighten until the new crop Navel harvest begins in late October/early November
- Remaining supplies are dominated by 88-count and larger sizes
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.