Supplies of 113- and 138-count oranges are expected to diminish further as a result of the approaching heatwave in California’s San Joaquin Valley. Markets are firming.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Valencia Oranges are available
- Remaining supplies are dominated by 88-count and larger sizes
- Smaller sizes (113- and 138-count packs) will further tighten until the new crop Navel harvest begins in late October/early November
- Quality concerns include softness and re-greening
- Chilean fruit is being shipped into the West Coast while South African stocks are available on the East Coast
- 113-count and larger pack sizes dominate availability; supply is meeting demand
- Chilean imports are expected to be on the market through late October/early November
- The South African season will run through early to mid-October
- Quality is good
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.