The California Valencia orange season is winding down. Quality continues to decline.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials California Valencia Oranges are available
- Heat, dehydration, and gas times are taking a toll on the quality of late-season fruit
- Expect extremely limited Valencia supplies until the Navel season begins
- Small-size fruit (113- to 138-count oranges) will be scarce for the rest of the Valencia season
- Prices are high
- Quality concerns include re-greening and decay due to above-normal temperatures through the summer months
- The California Navel season will begin in late October/early November, depending on weather
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.