Small-size California Valencia supplies continue to tighten, particularly 113- to 138-count packs. New crop harvesting will start in California, Mexico, Florida, and Texas between late October and early November.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) California Valencia Oranges are available
- Supplies are dominated by large sizes (56- to 88-count packs); smaller sizes (113- to 138-count packs) are tightening
- Expect to make size and/or grade changes to help fill orders as needed
- Initial reports project California Navels will begin shipping in late October/early November
- Expect increasing markets and tightening supplies until new crop Navels begin shipping
- Chilean fruit will start shipping into both coasts in mid-September
- Low volume is expected at the start, but it will rise week over week
- Supplies will be dominated by 113-count and larger packs
- Fruit will start shipping into the East Coast in mid-September
- Low volume is expected at the start, but will rise week over week
- There is limited availability of 88- to 113-count packs
- The season will begin in mid- to late October
- The Early orange variety will be available in both McAllen, Texas and Nogales, Arizona
- New crop fruit will start shipping in late October and run through June
- Supplies are expected to be dominated by 100- to 125-count and larger packs
- The majority of fruit will be choice and standard grades
- Oranges will begin shipping in early November
- Navels will be the predominate variety available, but Early oranges will be on the market also
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.