California Navel season is projected to wrap up in late June. Valencia Oranges from Mexico, crossing into Nogales, Arizona, have approximately four weeks left in the season. California Valencia production has started; expect good volume come late May/early June.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Navel Oranges are available
- Large sizes (48 and 56-count), as well as small sizes (113 and 138-count), remain limited; volume is peaking on 72 and 88-count fruit.
- Late Navel varieties are expected to be available until mid-to-late June
- Quality is very good; Brix levels are high
- Expect the Mexican Valencia season to finish mid-June
- California MFC and ESS Valencia Oranges are available
- California Valencia Oranges are ramping up; expect excellent volume by early June
- The overall crop is down six percent from last year; samples gathered indicate this crop has the smallest diameter in the last 10 years
- Early production will require no gassing as color is ideal; expect gassing to be required in July/August when Valencias start to regreen from heat
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.