California’s mid-season Navel supplies are nearly depleted. Late-season Navel varieties will enter the market next week. Expect limited quantities of California Valencia supplies to become available the first week of May; harvesting will be in full swing by mid-May. Texas Valencia production is finishing up this week. The Mexican Valencia season (into South Texas and Nogales, Arizona) will wind down in early to mid-June.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Navel Oranges are available
- Large sizes (48- and 56-count fruit) remain limited; smaller sizes (113- and 138-count fruit) are also tightening
- Late Navel varieties are expected to become available next week; the season will run through June
- Quality is very good; Brix levels are high
- The Texas domestic Valencia season will wind down the last week of April
- Mexican Valencias (crossing into South Texas and Nogales, Arizona) will remain on the market through early to mid-June
- Limited quantities of California Valencias will become available the first week of May
- California Valencia crops will be dominated by small sizes (113- and 138-count fruit)
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.