Markon First Crop Onions are being shipped out of storage from Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington. Mexican yellow and white onions will begin to cross into South Texas next week.
- Mexican onion size will be on the smaller side, dominated by medium and jumbo sizes; colossal and super colossal sizes will be limited
- Mexican red onion imports will hit the market the week of January 30
- Pricing will open up slightly higher than Northwest markets
- The domestic Texas onion crop is on track to begin in early March
- Expect supplies to remain available in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington through mid-April
- In Utah, stocks will ship through mid-March
- Colorado packer label onions will be available through early March
- With Mexican onions now available, expect Northwest and Colorado pricing to ease over the next few weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.