Fresh-run Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions are being shipped out of Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
- Rain has delayed the first week of harvesting in Utah; onions shipped out of Utah will be product hauled from Washington this week
- New crop onion quality is excellent
- Jumbo onions are most plentiful
- Colossal and super colossal supplies are sufficient
- Growers will begin to pack and ship onions out of storage in early October
- Expect markets to hold steady through the month of September
- New crop onions have a rounder, more globe-like shape than supplies shipped during the summer months; early season supplies will still exhibit thin, light-colored skins until shipped out of storage
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.