Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions are readily available in the California and New Mexico growing areas. New crop Northwest onion harvesting will begin the week of August 7.
- The San Joaquin Valley has experienced extremely high temperatures in recent weeks, with more hot days in the forecast
- Onion quality is holding up well despite the heat
- Yellow onion supplies are plentiful; markets have eased
- Red onion demand is strong
- Stocks are sufficient stocks
- Pricing is firm
- Supplies will be shipped through mid-August, with a few sheds shipping onions until the end of August
- New Mexico is also experiencing hot weather; however, quality continues to remain strong
- Yellow onion volume is high; markets have eased
- Red onion demand is strong, but stocks are adequate; pricing has inched up
- The season will run through mid-August
- Many Idaho and Washington growers will begin production the week of August 7; supply will ramp up the week of August 14
- Colorado and Utah-grown onions will hit the market after the Labor Day weekend
- Healthy onion crops and strong yields are expected this upcoming storage season; weather has been excellent for growing up to this point
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.