The onion season is winding down in California’s Imperial Valley. New crop production is increasing in New Mexico.
- Many Southern California growers will wrap up operations for the season this weekend
- Few sheds will pack onions next week
- Although supplies have diminished, prices have eased due to New Mexico entering the market
- Central and Northern California harvests will begin late next week
- Sizing and availability are uncertain at this time
- Rain that soaked the growing areas this past winter and early spring will impact yields
- Yellow onion supplies are sufficient; red and white onions are tight as the season is just getting underway
- Supplies will begin to ramp up next week
- Markets opened high; expect prices to hold firm until Central and Northern California volume increases
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.