The Texas onion season has ended. Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions are being shipped out of California and Washington.
- Steady rain throughout the season, coupled with high heat, have decreased remaining onion acreage
- With Texas growers calling an end to their season, demand has shifted to California’s Imperial Valley
- Prices will begin to increase
- Yields are low at the beginning of the season
- Colossal and super colossal onions are tight
- Size will increase as the season progresses
- Washington-grown MFC Onions are expected to ship through the end of May
- Sufficient supplies of red and yellow onions are available
- Remaining stocks are small in size, favoring mediums and jumbos
- Yellow colossal onions are limited; super colossals stocks have been depleted
- Prices remain steady despite low volume; quality is average
- Limited MFC Onion harvesting will start the week of May 29
- Full onion production and order coverage will commence the week of June 5
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.