The Northwest storage onion volume continues to decline. Adequate supplies of fresh-run, Texas-grown onions are available. California onions will hit the market next week.
- Idaho/Oregon-grown Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions will be depleted next week; remaining stocks are limited
- Washington-grown MFC Onions will ship through the end of April
- Sufficient supplies of red and yellow onions are available
- White onion volume is tapering off
- Prices are rising as growers ration remaining stocks
- Sufficient supplies of Texas-grown MFC Red and Yellow Onion are available
- The Mexican season will end this week
- Prices have inched up
- Limited quantities of MFC Onions will available in the Southern California by the middle of next week
- Expect FOBs to be similar to Texas prices
- Production is slated for early June in Central and Northern California
- MFC Onion harvesting will begin in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.