The Northwest storage onion supply continues to diminish. Fresh-run, Texas-grown onion yields have been hampered by recent rains. California onions will hit the market the week of April 24.
- Idaho/Oregon-grown Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions are expected to be available through the week of April 24
- Supply will be extremely limited the week of the April 24, as it will be the last week of the season
- Red and yellow onion stocks are adequate; white onion supplies will be sporadic
- Washington-grown MFC Onions will ship through the end of April
- Like Idaho/Oregon, sufficient supplies of red and yellow onions are available; white onion volume is tapering off
- Although stocks are tightening, pricing remains steady
- Rain at the end of last week curtailed production of Texas-grown MFC Red and Yellow Onions
- The Mexican season is winding down and will wrap up early next week
- Prices have inched up
- Limited quantities of MFC Onions are anticipated to become available in the Southern California desert the week of April 24
- Central and Northern California production is slated for early June
- MFC Onion harvesting will begin in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.